Monday, February 15, 2010

Glorious (Japanese) Food.

Last week, K & I were invited to a friend’s birthday at Yar Restaurant on Southbank. It’s all you can eat Japanese! I *heart* all you can eat and I *heart* Japanese so I was very much looking forward to this meal. The restaurant has a funky and fresh décor with an upstairs area. I tried to get a pic but didn’t do a very good job (note to self – do not aspire to be a professional photographer).

The deal is you order from the menu and the food comes out fresh. There was the choice of sushi, sashimi, noodles, tempura, teriyaki, tofu, soup and the list goes on. And to top it off – it’s very affordable. There are two menu options $39.95 and $49.95 – obviously you have more dishes to choose from if you decide to opt for the $49.95 menu. Included in this price is anything on the menu, a drink and dessert. Ok the dessert was a bit of a letdown (vanilla ice cream) but I was so full it didn’t really matter. Here are a few pictures I took of some dishes. I did have my camera out ready to take photos of each dish but my hand-food-mouth coordination was too quick.




P.S. If you do decide to eat here make sure you’re not pregnant. Trust me when I say, it was torture having a plate of sushi in front of you and you aren't allowed to eat it. K said it wasn’t that great – what a sweetie. I knew he was lying when he polished off the plate in 30 seconds flat!

No comments:

Post a Comment