Friday, January 15, 2010

Knobs.



I’ve been a busy bee preparing the nursery hence the lack of posts. Every night this week I’ve stayed up until midnight (yes that is super late for me) moving the furniture in and diy décor. I can’t believe I’m 70% there! YAY!

So I had a bit of a problem with the chest of drawers. I imagined it to be painted in white and replace the knobs with antique wrought iron style round handles. I found the perfect set on ebay at a bargain price. I received them and they were too damn big! Note to self: CHECK MEASUREMENTS! I know it’s ebay rule 101, but I was so excited I found them. Anywho, they will probably end up on ebay again – or I’ll store for some other furniture makeover.

I went back to the original knobs and was going to paint them black to contrast with the white. But that was too boring. So I went on Etsy to look for some inspiration. Etsy never disappoints! I found handmade fabric covered drawer knobs and they were exactly what I was after. So of I went to Lincraft to choose a fabric and craft glue.

So I started off with this:




And ended up with these:





It’s pretty simple to make. All you need is craft glue, fabric and a knob(s). Check out the tutorial on this blog http://afieldjournal.blogspot.com/2008/09/fabric-knobs-tutorial.html

I had a bit of material left over so used that to make a table runner to place on top of the chest. I like how the runner and knobs match.

I also sewed together a change pad cover (fitted Sheet). Got the fabric from remnants basket at Spotlight. Wouldn’t have taken too long if I measured correctly and sewed on the correct side. BUT I got there and here is the before and after shots. The picture doesn’t really do it justice but trust me it looks better in person (and on the actual change table).









If you haven’t noticed already, the nursery will predominantly be black and white in décor with a hint of romance. I’m not finished yet but I promise to do a comprehensive post once it’s done. In the meantime, keep checking in...

1 comment:

jona said...

luv the knobs! will keep em in mind definitely! :D

Post a Comment