Monday, March 29, 2010

Ebay trunk.

Hey all – how was your weekend? Mine was busy busy busy – but maternity leave is just (3 weeks) around the corner.

I just wanted to share with you my latest eBay purchase.

Lately I’ve wanted to move our shoes from the laundry into the garage. However, I wanted to make sure that:

1. Miss J (our dog) doesn’t have access to it.

2. Spiders can’t use our shoes as a home *shivers*

3. Protected from dust and dirt.

So I was considering just purchasing a plastic tub with a lid but that’s just boring right? So I browsed eBay and didn’t find anything for a couple of weeks. Until one lucky day I spotted a shipping trunk! I won the item for a measly $6 *woot woot*

Here it is before:



Yes it is a metal scrap heap  pretty battered but all I can think is CHARACTER!

I had some white spray paint left over from my nursery projects and spray painted my heart out! I didn’t have enough paint and the trunk looks very incomplete, uneven….shabby. I subtly sanded the corners to add to the “used” look. The inside was lined with peeling pinkish paper – definitely needed replacing. Peeled this off and replaced with Ikea wrapping paper.

Anyway – here is our vintage trunk/shoe storage.



I'm hoping to add some writing to the frontage (e.g. “shipping” in some vintage font) but currently lacking imagination...any suggestions??

Hope you enjoyed this mini project. Have a great night!







Don’t forget to enter my giveaway here!






2 comments:

oldflowers4me said...

oooooooohhhhhh...your a melbourne girl...how wonderful..singing and skipping jo

Rachel~Wildflower Photography Studio and Wildflower Creative said...

Your trunk turned out lovely! I found a similar trunk several years ago and gave it a face lift a while back...such a difference! ;) Thanks for visiting my blog and for your comment! Stop back by soon!

Smiles,
Rachel

Post a Comment